WHAT IS A PROFICIENCY TESTING?
An Interlaboratory Comparison (ILC) is the organization, execution and evaluation of measurements or tests carried out on a same or similar item by several laboratories in accordance with predetermined conditions.
OBJECTIVES OF A PT?
The three objectives of an interlaboratory comparison are the evaluation of:
• the performance of laboratories (ISO / IEC 17043 standard),
• the characteristics of a material (ISO / IEC Guide 35),
• the accuracy of a method (ISO 5725 standard).
BIPEA regular programs are proficiency tests that evaluate the performance of participating laboratories.
Proficiency testing programs (CIL) allow the comparison of several laboratories’ results, in order to evaluate their analytical performance on the same homogeneous sample.
These tests are part of the laboratory quality approach and are organized according to ISO / IEC 17043: “General requirements for proficiency testing” requirements
Characteristics of our PT programs:
• Independence of the organizer,
• Confidentiality of laboratories,
• Ongoing performance monitoring,
• Diversity of matrices,
• Fast publication of results,
• Robustness of assigned values,
• International participation.